AMC 8 2020 information
The AMC 8 is the first competition in the American Mathematics Competition program, followed by the AMC 10, AMC12, AIME, USAMO, and participation in the International Mathematics Olympiad.
All students in grade 8 or below, who are also not yet 14.5 years old, are eligible to participate. The competition is 45 minutes for 25 multiple choice questions. This year for the first time, students will have the opportunity to participate online. Local students can register to participate through MSU. The competition will be held on Tuesday, November 10 at 6pm. The cost for registering through MSU is $5, but can be waived by request to email@example.com.
The competition will be held on the Art of Problem Solving contest platform, which will also be hosting the Mathcounts competition online this year. Students will also need to sign up for an Art of Problem Solving account in order to participate. Students must have a parent or guardian to proctor the online competition and certify that the rules were followed. The MSU registration deadline is October 30. A practice competition will be available early in October, so please register early to gain access to that practice competition.Students who participate through MSU will not be eligible for team awards through a school, since MSU is not an eligible middle school, but will be eligible for all individual awards.
1. Complete the MSU registration.
2. You will be automatically redirected to Cashnet to pay $5 registration fee. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a waiver of the fee.
3. You will later (in a few days) receive an email with an invitation link to the Art of Problem Solving site where you can create an account to take the practice test, and later, the official test.
Some Online resources to prepare:
2020 School Year Ou0treach Programs
- AMC 8 (Registration Form, Payment Link)
- Macdonald Middle School MathCounts Program--information coming
- Regional MathCounts Competition Host
2020 Online Summer Programs
- Camp Home Page
- Course Descriptions
- Camp Staff
- Registration Information